Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasabi
    • December 15, 2011

CSS Server

Ok so i was thinking on changing the Rotation server to a hide n seek server and the other one a zmod server and mabey get a new one for a gungame server i dont know im still thinking about it..

My final choice is this week or next clan meeting
    sigpic

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...signature1.jpg
  • Tank
    • October 18, 2011

If we have a hide and seek server I know a couple of my friends might come in. I have one friend who used to be in Fusion and loved hns. he has been an admin on many HnS servers

Comment

• wasabi
      • December 15, 2011

yeah thats awsome :) bring them in
      sigpic

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...signature1.jpg

Comment

• MarkOfDeath
        • October 19, 2011

I have spoken a couple of times with Wasabi about the CS:S Servers, and my comments were not met very positively, and I just wanted to share with everyone my suggestion. Please take what I say as constructive and not destructive. Most of you by now know I am about "good stuff" for the community, and not "stupid stuff", so I have no ill intent here. Anyway, Pot knows I don't need to qualify myself when it comes to managing CS:S servers either, been involved in that for a long time. So, quickly and simply, these are what myself and many others have found to work toward operating a popular CS:S Server.

1. Running a game server can't be ego driven. I hear a lot of My Server this, my server that, my my my, I, I, I, I. Just saying, you don't have to like the truth, but there it is.

2. Whatever the server is going to be, make it that and keep it that, including any mods, bells, whistles, and such. You will havwe 100 people say, "You should put that on the server" or "Man, it would be better if you had..." and ad ininitum, but the truth is, people like consistency and quality, not calamity and confusion. Well, at least most people, that is.

3. Give it a chance. Don't think just because it's been a whole three weeks, that it won't be succesfful. Be patient.

4. Too much "bossing" or "admin assertiveness" in a server makes it less fun for many. Yesterday, we were told to get all Fusion on one team and all others were told to get on the other team. Not going to get a PUB populated by newcomers that way. When a pubber comes into the server it looks intimidating. I go to play and have fun, not be "told what to do." Varied "slapping" or "freezing" is actually quite funny at the right times, but "admin directions" can make someone feel that they are in a private server, not a PUB.

5. Welcome new players who you don't know. Thank them for playing on the server if you get the chance. It works.

6. These are just the basics. I want to help populate the server, two of my pals came in yesterday and left, later leaving me a message saying, "what was all that?" and, "hope that's not your server". Just saying what was said, no reason to make up stuff or hide the truth.

7. Tell Mark Of Death to just shut up and also tell him he picked the wrong month to quit smoking cigs cuz it affects his attitude.

Look forward to having some of the best CS:S servers out there, or at least close.

Here are my votes for the three servers:

1. 24/7 Office is already great.
        2. Gun Game of some sort.
        3. Make the GGC server the hide and seek server as mentioned by Wasabi.

That's all, I'm going back into my hole and will probably remain there until my attitude gets better. Being sick and quitting cigs is frazzling my nerves.

Good games all.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍